Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
The Best Western Kingston is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support personsOr
- Will be charged to the support person for admission to The Best Western Kingston.
We will notify the customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and on our website.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the Best Western Kingston will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length, and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
The notice will be placed in the lobby of the hotel and on our website.
The Best Western Kingston will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
The training will be provided as soon as is practical.
Training will include:
- An overview of the accessibility for Ontarian’s with disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- The Best Western Kingston’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use the Tub rail support and bench
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the Best Western Kingston goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way The Best Western Kingston provides goods and services to people with disabilities can: e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , write to Best Western Kingston at 1217 Princess St Kingston Ontario K7M 3E1 or can call 613-549- 2211 ext “0”.
All feedback, including complaints, will be responded to in the matter in which it was communicated.ie. e-mail, regular mail or phone.
Customers can expect to hear back in three business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of the Best Western Kingston that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Best Western, Kingston
Assistive Devices Available:
- Wheel Chair
- Clip Board and Magnifying Glass
- Shower stool
- Toilet Brace/Arms
- Removable Tub Handle
- Ramp for Tom’s Place “Pit” area.